Sunday 6 December 2015

Lush Mask of Magnaminty Review

When I have weeks full of uni deadlines alongside work commitments, it's so easy to keep getting myself wound up - so I always try to ensure to take some 'me time' out in the evening before bed, just to make sure I'm as calm and relaxed as I can possibly be before I go to sleep. I'm sure many a people do that too, but if you don't - please don't let other people or work stresses completely demolish your day and the start of the next. Your mental health and emotional clarity is far more important (easier said than done, I know). One of the methods I find most helpful in relaxing my mood is to use a face mask and today, I will be talking about an all time favourite of mine - the Mask of Magnaminty by Lush. (link)



For the longest time, I was always deterred from buying one of the all-famous Fresh Face Masks by Lush due to their short life span. What's absolutely fabulous now however is that Lush responded to this wide deterrent and produced a 'self-preserving' adaptation of the highly raved about mask, so that's shelf life is extended to approximately three months. Still not perfect, but it definitely provides a more realistic time span to get through it in my opinion!

Lush boldly label this mask as a 'multi-purpose' saviour: seeking to clean, calm and clear the skin. From past experience, I have usually found that a 'multi-purpose' mask is only truly good at one of the properties it so adopts. Nevertheless, I really have found that regular use (once a week) of the Mask of Magnaminty mask has contributed greatly to the clearing and calming of my skin. Despite this, I'd recommend that anyone who suffers particularly sensitive skin to try out a sample first, as it's prominent ingredient of peppermint oil - intended to 'stimulate the skin' - may stimulate a little too much for your liking. I have found at times that if my skin is feeling especially sensitive, Mask of Magnaminty can spark a burning feeling which feels very harsh on the skin. Whilst this is the case on occasion, my overall experience whilst using this mask has proved to be quite an enjoyable, beneficial one!


Lush also highlights

in the ingredients section that alongside peppermint oil, this mask contains: marigold oil and chlorophyllin to treat the skin; as well as evening primrose seeds and aduki beans to gently exfoliate the skin as you remove it. All fabulous, natural ingredients which have been proven to offer beneficial treatment to the skin. For this reason, I'd only recommend using this mask on fresh, pre-cleansed skin as it is designed to provide a 'treatment' over a 'cleanse' for your skin.


(Look how perfect and beautiful it looked! It was so difficult to stick my fingers in this let me tell you!)

Overall, despite some negatives (nothing can be perfect, can it?), I do think that this is one of those things that people should at least try. & the wonderful thing about Lush is that they're usually totally happy with sending/giving a sample if you make an order online or pop into store to ask. Whilst the thick consistency and strong, peppermint smell may not be to everybody's taste - I do feel that whilst they're simple features, they do contribute greatly to the effectiveness of this mask. You know that feeling when you start chewing on a fresh mint or piece of gum, and swallow some cold water, getting that 'icy, cool' feeling? That's exactly how I'd describe this as feeling when applied to the skin! As you can imagine, that means Mask of Magnainty is a superb way to invigorate not only the skin, but your mind and senses too - helping to wake you up, or refresh and calm you down - both beautifully, and efficiently. 



What's one of your favourite ways to unwind and relax?
- Hannah x

If you liked this, you may want to check out:

SHARE:

No comments

© Hannah Delacour. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig